Disaster Recovery Funding
1. Personal Hardship Payments for Yarra Ranges Council residents of up to $560 per adult, up to $280 per child and up to $1960 for families per household are now immediately available.
- This can be accessed at: emergency.vic.gov.au/relief
2. Joint Federal-State funded Electricity Outage Payments of up to $1680 per week, for up to three weeks, for residents affected by long term power outages are now available.
- Eligibility criteria and more information on the payment can be found at: ausnetservices.com.au/en/About/News-Room/News-Room-2021/Storm-Update
- AusNet has established a dedicated claims process for customers impacted by the storm, which can be accessed by calling 13 17 99.
Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payments & Disaster Recovery Allowance
Yarra Ranges Council residents may be eligible to access Commonwealth assistance:
1. Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payments - a non-means tested payment of $1000 for eligible adults, and $400 for eligible children.
2. Disaster Recovery Allowance - up to 13 weeks of income support payments for residents who have lost income as a result of the storm.
- These payments can be accessed through Services Australia by calling 180 22 66
- Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 8am-5pm | Saturday 9:30am-4pm | Sunday 9:30am-1:30pm
Eligibility criteria and more information on the payments can be found at: https://www.disasterassist.gov.au/Pages/disasters/current-disasters/Victoria/vic-floods-storms-09-06-2021.aspx